All well-attended events require planning and attention to detail. An event program is an essential way of informing participants about the schedule, location, instructions, and logistics regarding the event. Hiring a professional to design your program can be an added expense that is easy to avoid by designing it yourself. Read on for some tips on effective, informative event program design.
Create a Positive First Impression
If attendees walk away with good memories of your event, they might want to hold on to their programs. Make the front cover attractive, informative, and memorable, as this is the first part of the program the guests see. Here are some suggested things to include on the cover:
- The date of the event.
- Your company name.
- The name of the event.
- An image that captures the essence of the event. This could be a scene from the previous year’s event or a group shot of your employees, campus, or highlighted speakers.
Create a Clear Layout
Organization is key when communicating information regarding your event. Some things to consider include:
- Page numbers and a corresponding table of contents for programs more than four pages.
- A legible font (or fonts) and font size used consistently throughout the program.
- Consistent margin sizes used on every page.
Content to Include
This depends on the nature of your event, but here are a few major components to most programs.
- A bio page that highlights or introduces important speakers and contributors.
- Any applicable maps of the building.
- Schedule of events.
- Sponsors or advertisements featured throughout.
- Images to break up the text.
Get a Second Set of Eyes
Have a partner, assistant, or trusted coworker read over the program after you’re finished. This is the best way to catch any errors you made or missed when proofreading the program yourself. Typos and errors can undermine the professional tone you’re going for.
For Further Tips on Event Program Design…
Call the professionals at Disc Hounds. We can walk you through the design and printing processes and answer any questions you have along the way. Contact us today at 610-696-8668.